WHICH PROCESSES DOES LIVER AFFECT?
The liver is a key element of the digestive system. It performs numerous functions, the most important of which are digestive functions, ie related to metabolism. (1,2)
Normal liver function is essential for the proper functioning of the entire body.
The liver can be seen as a biotransformer that controls the flow of foreign substances through the human body.
The liver is involved in the metabolism of substances absorbed into the digestive system. (e.g. glucose, protein, fat and vitamin)
The liver stores glycogen (a type of polysaccharide) which acts as an energy reserve material for the body
The liver is involved in the production of proteins, including plasma proteins - meaning that poor liver problems can lead to blood clotting problems.
The liver is responsible for detoxification - during this process, the liver converts toxins into harmless substances, which are then removed from the body through digestive processes.
HOW TO MAINTAIN VITALITY AND HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR LIVER?
Do you know that your liver is the key to a happy and healthy life?
In order to enjoy life to the fullest, we should take care of our physical and mental condition. It is not for nothing that the liver is nicknamed the source of vitality - meet them!
CAN THE LIVER HURT?
There are several uncertainties in this regard. Therefore, it is appropriate to explain this question at the outset: the liver as such does not hurt. The liver tissue (parenchyma) is not innervated (ie it does not contain nerve endings) and therefore does not cause pain.
- Sawicki W. Histology. PZWL Medical Publishing. Warsaw 2005: 430-431, 434-438.
- Maśliński S, Ryżewski J. Pathophysiology. Edition IV updated. 2009: 796–808.
- Juszczyk J. Wątroba - structure and functions. http://gastrologia.mp.pl/choroby/watroba/show.html?id=50948 - access date: 19/04/2021.
- Sylwanowicz W. Human anatomy. 3rd edition, Warsaw 1978: 332–338.
- Hartleb M. Structure and function of the liver; Great Interna; pody Diplie.pl https://podyawodie.pl/wiedza/wielka-interna/776,budowa-i-czynnosc Access date: 28/04/2021